Located in the heart of Dartmouth, membership includes access to the club facilities, activities, and beach. Family memberships offer the freedom for the entire family to come down and enjoy the club regardless of age.
Membership also includes the following benefits:
- Access to World Class Canoe and Kayak facility and World Class Coaching
- No rainy days at Banook with our large gym and hall!
- Lots of shelter outside from the sun
- Large upper deck with the best view of Lake Banook
- Monthly Newsletter
- 2 Passes to Bring a Friend
- Lifeguarded Beach during July and August (9am – 5pm)
- “Open Wharf” (go for a paddle with coach’s help) during Thursday Evening BBQ
- Discounted Childcare
- Discounted Event Prices
- Discounted Facility Rentals
- Discounted Registration Fees for Larger Families
- Free Kiddie Canoe for children aged 4-7 years old
New members are always welcome!
Register online for this season. Please contact us for any questions.
Registration Fee Options
|Individual Ages 13-24||Individual membership + paddling registration for 1 person||$610 *plus applicable fees|
|Family: 1 Child||Family membership + paddling registration for 1 child||$720 *plus applicable fees|
|Family: 2 Children||Family membership + paddling registration for 2 children||$970 *plus applicable fees|
|Family: 3 Children or more||Family membership + paddling registration for 3 children or more||$1020 *plus applicable fees|
|Individual Membership + paddling registration for 1 from May 1st to October 31st||$350-$390 *plus applicable fees|
|Senior membership + paddling registration for 1 person from May 1st to October 31st||$230-$270 *plus applicable fees|
- HST is added to Individual/Family/Masters/Senior/Social memberships fees and paddling registration for ages 15+ during registration.
- CKC/ADCKC Competition fee for all paddlers registered in a paddling program.
- The refundable volunteer fee, see more details below.
Student Discount: Those 18-24 who register as individual members will receive a $100 discount towards their boat storage fee provided boat storage space is available and you are not participating in a paddling program.
|Para Canoe/Kayak - Paddle All||TBD|
|Banook Members Childcare (Child Care for Ages 5-12 in paddling programs)||$80-$100 per week|
|Boat Storage (members only)||$75|
|Summer Swimming Lessons, Bronze Medallion & Bronze Cross||$40 /up|
|Adult Learn to Paddle Program Returns! (Ages 20+)||$60 /up|
Includes access to the building, beach and social gatherings. Best for families who want to introduce their children to the club prior to being of paddling age or for adult members who want access to the club without signing the whole family up. The Family social membership also includes the Kiddie Canoe program for children.
The adult social memberships ($50) does not include access to swimming lessons, members childcare, or any paddling programs. A family or individual membership must be purchased.
|Adult Social (19+)||$50*|
*HST is added Social Membership registration fees during registration..
A refundable volunteer fee is required for all memberships. This fee is paid up front and refunded once volunteer hours are completed:
- A refundable volunteer fee of $50 for individual/masters/senior/social memberships.
- A refundable volunteer fee of $100 for family memberships.
One volunteer hour = $10 of volunteer fees
- Individual/ masters/ adult social memberships will volunteer 5 hours to have their $50 returned.
- Family memberships will volunteer 10 hours to have their $100 returned.
Banook Canoe Club is a member of KidSport™ and qualifies for the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program.
KidSport™ is a national children’s program that helps kids overcome the financial barriers preventing or limiting their participation in organized sport. KidSport Nova Scotia provides funding of up to $300/year/child for sport registration and/or equipment.
Jumpstart Funds kids who want to get active. Kids who want to learn a new sport or activity. Kids who want to keep up a sport or activity they already enjoy. Kids aged 4 to 18 from families in financial need can receive funding to help with registration fees, equipment and/or transportation.
- Email transfer *- Preferred payment option. If you wish to send an e-transfer to pay for the registration fee please complete the registration online as usual. You will need to tick the paying by cheque box to complete the registration process. Then send and email to Stephen Pottie (General Manager) at email@example.com to advise that you are sending an e-transfer and include the password for the transfer at that time.
- EFT (electronic fund transfers) *- you can choose to make 3 equal payments on May 15, June 15 and July 15. Please email a picture of a void cheque to Stephen Pottie (General Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay in full with Visa or MasterCard
*Both 1 & 2 require you to select the “cheque” box when you get to payment section.