We Need You!
Volunteering has always been a very rewarding way to give back and to show you care. We know that you feel good about volunteering with your canoe club, because you understand it strengthens our club beyond what it would be without your volunteer input.
With that in mind, we want to offer you an opportunity that has ‘win-win’ all over it! The Banook Canoe Club already has a very competitive pricing structure, especially given the tangibles and intangibles we offer. And here’s a deal we only offer to our full members – when you volunteer for at least five hours over the course of the year, you can reduce your individual membership fee by $50!!, and 10 hours reduces your family membership fee by $100.00!!
This year some of the volunteer opportunities for members will be as follows:
- Events (Hall events, open houses, tours, club events, etc…)
- Mentorship Program (New members, young paddlers, adult paddlers, etc…)
- New Member Champion
- Donations for fundraisers (60% of their retail value)
- Safety Boats for Regattas (1 member for morning and afternoon sessions – 2019 dates are available online)
- Rallies for Regattas
- Officiating for Regattas
- Boat Repairs
- Minor Facility Repairs
- Small Motor Maintenance
- Helping with the Summer Canteen
- Professional Services – Nutrition Counselling, Sports Psychology, etc…
- Join the Board or a Committee
Please stay tuned for update and calls for volunteers as these events come up.
Our club could not run without the generous help of our volunteers. From fund raising, to club social events, our volunteers help make Banook the fantastic place it is for the rest of our members. We are always looking for new ways to get members involved so if you have an idea for an event or can volunteer your expertise to help the club let us know!