Dear Banook Members,
I am sure you are just as excited as I was to hear Dr. Strang’s announcement yesterday afternoon about paddling being included in the soft opening test for a few sports in Nova Scotia.
The Banook board received the approved plan late yesterday afternoon. As you can imagine, there are VERY specific criteria surrounding this.
The volunteer Board met with ADCKC and had a Board Meeting last evening. We are using the next few days to work out the details for Banook’s soft opening.
- Right now, Banook remains CLOSED. This continues to include:
- our docks
- our beach
- our club facility
- As a reminder, the locks and the security alarm code have been changed.
This weekend we will test our preliminary plan:
- Starting with a very small group:
- Members who were registered as part of Masters and High-Performance U16 and older winter programming only.
- No other members will be permitted to paddle from Banook this weekend.
Dr. Strang’s announcement today was clear that this plan is approved only provided we can guarantee that:
- social distancing
- environmental cleaning
- participant hygiene can be maintained
- organized coaching or training, competitions, tournaments, regattas or similar events are not permitted
Please note that this soft launch is a test and the future of Banook’s potential summer programming hinges on our execution of the plan this weekend. If we don’t get it right, we risk these privileges and future ones being removed.
We will again communicate with all members as we work out the details for this soft launch and being able to extend club use to more members.
We know everyone is excited with this announcement. We appreciate your continued patience and support as we work out the details of how we can execute this soft launch.
Vounteer Board President/ Commodore