It’s that time of year when Banook needs volunteers to join the Board of Directors (director or member at large) or a Committee. Please consider helping.
The AGM is Sunday, September 29h from 10am – 12 Noon (NEW DATE)
VACANT means the person in the position currently is not re-offering for the position, but all positions are open for nominations. If there are more than one nomination then a vote by those in attendance takes places.
All board positions are up for nominations, please email Ian Lezama at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest:
- Club President – will be vacant as of September 15th
- Vice President – vacant
- Finance Director – the Finance committee consists of the President, Vice President and the Finance Director.
– need someone on the National Planning Committee to be treasurer for this committee under the supervision of the Finance Director
- Paddling Director- will be vacant as of September 15th – there is a paddling committee under this position – currently this committee is full.
- Swim Director
- Masters Director
- Membership Director – will be vacant as of September 15th, but an added bonus of support to this position is the current Membership Director, Leanne Rankin, will stay on as the registrar with Padtrac.
- Human Resource Director
- Communications Director – currently developing a communications committee with 2 other volunteers – IT support (Aaron MacGillivary) and need someone to lead “Volunteer Communications Coordinator”.
- Fundraising Director – vacant – also need a committee with this position – especially someone on the active National Planning Committee which does a lot of fundraising to support the high performance athletes
- Member at Large – join the board and provide input and support if not sure of the other vacant roles.
We also have a couple of other committees members can join, please email Geoff Bennett at email@example.com to express your interest:
- National Planning Committee – currently has a Chair of Kim Gaudet but does need a fundraising coordinator from this group, and someone from this group to manage the fundraising bank account.
- RFD Grant Committee (six month commitment): assist in applying for a Provincial “Recreational Facility Grant”.
- New Program Committee (10 month commitment): to develop new programming for the Club (anticipate 2 hours per month)